1. Personal Information
We appreciate your (Customer/User/You/Your) registration with Monshas Pvt Ltd and/or The Monsha’s as its brand, as well as with (We/Us/Our/themonshas) on www. themonshas.com(Website) and on our Mobile Application (App) as (and also the app when it would be launched by the company in the future). These Terms and Conditions of User (Terms) and our Privacy Statement constitute our whole relationship with you (together the Policies). Please don’t use our services if you don’t agree with these terms (defined later). Please take note that if you have not clicked and accepted these conditions, you will not be able to book services provided by themonshas.
1.1 The data we have on you, referred to as “Personal Information,” is divided into the following categories:
- Profiled Information; When you register for a service, you provide information known as “profiling information,” which may contain some or all of the following: Your financial information, such as your banking information and any information relating to your lifestyle levels; Information about your personal identity, such as gender, name, job title, address, marital status, age, preferences, likes and dislikes; and Information about your contact information, such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and the like. If you choose to use Facebook-aligned services, information available publicly like information of your peers/friends, likes, and dislikes will be made publicly available.
- Payment and Account Information: Details about your past transactions with us, including (without limitation) all correspondence and billing data. We try keep this on safe servers in encrypted form.
- Usage of service: Information about how you navigate through our services, such as the URLs of the websites you visit and the download requests you make from those websites.
- Log information: Details such the date and time of your request, your IP address, the kind and language of your browser, and the web request itself. The Monsha’s may record calls made during call reservations for the benefit of training and quality control.
- Transactional Information: Your online shopping history, other than your banking information.
- Correspondence Information: This includes content, information about your correspondents, and the origin and destination of any correspondence you have with anyone else who uses our services, such as through email, blogs, chat rooms, discussion boards, instant messages, expert forums, fax mail, mailing list membership, etc.
- User IDs: These include the login names, passwords, email addresses, and other security-related data you use to access our services.
- Stored Information: Data that you wish to store on our systems, such as image files, documents, or data created by you or a third party. We only gather your personal information to run our business, provide you with our services, and improve them.
1.2 No Sharing of your personal information with third party Except as follows:
We do not and will never, under any circumstances, trade or sell your Personal Information to a third party. Your Personal Information will only be shared in compliance with this Policy. We will need your prior written approval before using it for any other purposes. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer you the Services if you choose not to give us your personal information. All of the information you give us is in an open, public setting or forum that is accessible to outsiders. It’s feasible for third parties to gather, compile, and use this data for their own ends. As a result, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your Personal Information in such public settings. Unless otherwise specified, information that is made publicly available is also shared with our affiliates, third-party service providers, competition sponsors, etc. As a result of your sharing of Personal Information in any public setting, we are not responsible for any damages you or any third party may experience. Therefore, you do so at your own risk when disclosing information in a public setting.
2. Right to Recover/Collect
As long as you use our Services and in accordance with the restrictions outlined in this Policy, you agree by accepting the Terms of Service that we may collect and keep your Personal Information.
2.1 The following justifies our collection of your account and profiling information:
- In order to manage our connection with you and offer you with Services, we need your identifying details, contact information, financial information, and account history. We might make product recommendations based on this data on our website. We only share this information in the ways described here.
- For our business and marketing efforts, we aggregate some of your information to create statistical and demographic profiles. We may release only that aggregated information about you which cannot be utilised or interpreted in a way that would allow your identification.
2.2 We collect and keep information about your service usage and transactional activity to:
- Determine and verify the service costs payable by you and to manage our relationship with you.
- Comply with any legal or administrative requirements.
- Create statistical and demographic profiles about you in order to tailor our services to your needs and for our business and marketing efforts. While we are free to use your information without restriction for our own internal business needs, we will only provide it in an aggregated form that cannot be used or interpreted in a way that makes it possible to identify you.
- Keep an eye on how you use our services to make sure you’re following our terms of service.
- Surveys: In order to gather demographic data about users of the website in the aggregate, we may occasionally conduct voluntary surveys of those users. A compilation of this data may be made, and the aggregate information shared with marketers and other third parties.
2.3 We gather and keep track of your correspondence information and unique personal identifiers in order to:
A. Uphold our legal duties.
B. Keep an eye on how you use our services to make sure you’re following our terms of service.
2.4 Aggregated Information :
Any personal information we gather and use in an aggregated format to prevent you from being specifically identifiable as an individual belongs to us. We may use it for any lawful purpose, including (without limitation) the commercial selling of it to third parties, at our absolute discretion and without paying you any compensation. We occasionally utilize “cookies” to give you more individualized information when you visit our website again. To enhance your interactive experience and generally improve our services to you, “cookies” are used to store user preferences and track user trends. Your browser can be configured to alert you when a “cookie” is received, giving you the choice of accepting or declining it. You consent to our use of any personal information we may gather about you if you accept a “cookie” from us. On the website, you are always able to update your profiling data. You understand and agree that we may share your personal information with our affiliates under restricted, secure circumstances in order to improve personalization and service efficiency (an entity which is our subsidiary or holding company or a subsidiary of our holding company or an entity which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us).
2.5 SMS alerts for physical safety and emergencies:
Additionally, tracking data, including but not limited to geographic locations, will be gathered while you use our Services. During the service, your mobile device will notify our servers your GPS coordinates and an SMS in the event of an emergency. The majority of mobile devices with GPS can pinpoint a user’s location to within 50 feet.
4. Automated data collection, cookie use, and other tracking technologies
What Options Do I Have for How My Personal Information Is Used?
Periodically, we could email or SMS you with informational or promotional messages. By following the opt-out instructions provided in the email, you can choose not to receive these communications. Please be aware that the processing of opt-out requests may take up to 10 business days. We may still send you emails or SMS concerning your account or any services you have requested or received from us even if you choose not to receive emails or SMS about recommendations or other information we believe may be of interest to you.
6. Refer a friend
By selecting “Refer to a friend,” visitors to our website can voluntarily decide to forward a link, page, or invitation electronically to another person. The user can accomplish this by sending the URL over email, Telegram, WhatsApp, or any other electronic channel. Nothing further is done with the information.
While we try to abide by foreign laws, we are unable to guarantee that we do so and neither can they. We take all reasonable steps to uphold your right to privacy on our systems and the Website, but we are not responsible for any unauthorised or illegal disclosures of your private information made by parties outside of our control, such as advertisers and websites that link to our Website. Please be aware that our business partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other websites to which we give hyperlinks may have different information and privacy practices than we do. This policy is in place as of the date previously specified. By periodically updating this document, we reserve the right to modify any or all of the provisions of this policy. Please periodically review this policy to make sure you are aware of any updates. Please feel free to contact us with any queries you may have about this policy by calling on the number mentioned on the website.
9. Background and Important Details
(a) Information about this Policy: This policy applies to anybody who uses or accesses services. To dispel any confusion, references in this policy to “you” refer to an end user of the platform.
By using this platform, you give us permission to access, collect, store, and use the information you have provided about yourself.
To ensure a positive and long-lasting relationship with us, please let us know if your personal information changes.
(c) Third-Party Services: Links to third-party software, websites, and services may be found on this platform. You authorize the collection and use of your personal information by a third party by clicking on those links.
Every time you access or move to a third-party platform from our platform, we advise you to read the privacy policies of the third-party service providers.
(d) To allow customers to follow the service provider in real time, our partner app uses background location data to share the partner’s location with them.
10. Data Storage
We may be required to disclose your personal information by law enforcement authorities, the government, and similar entities in connection with criminal or civil proceedings, according to relevant laws. Even after you stop using the services or close your account, we may still use the information to uphold our legal rights and duties.
When necessary, The Monsha’s reserve the right to share the information with pertinent agencies or bodies. It won’t be seen as a violation of the right to privacy.
Grievance Resolution (a) If you have any concerns or questions about the Services or these Terms and Conditions, you can get in touch by giving us a direct call on the number mentioned on the website.
3. Common Exceptions
We shall act in accordance with the law if we are compelled to intercept, disclose, monitor, and/or preserve your Personal Information for any of the following reasons: (a) by law; (b) to operate our company; (c) to safeguard our systems; or (d) to enforce our own rights. Without your knowledge, such interception, disclosure, monitoring, and storage may occur. In that event, we won’t be responsible for any damages of any kind caused by such interception, disclosure, monitoring, or storage to you or any other party. We may monitor your personal information to the extent that this may be necessary to ascertain compliance and/or to spot instances of non-compliance in order to make sure that all of our users abide by the Terms of Service. We may monitor your personal information in order to maintain the security and integrity of our Services. Incoming and outgoing electronic data transmissions may be filtered as part of this monitoring in order to detect, restrict, and/or prevent the transmission of viruses, spam, and/or illegal, slanderous, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable information or content. In some instances, we might use a third party service provider to offer part of the services. You agree that we may disclose to such third party any of your Personal Information that may be required for the procurement of services from the third party, to the extent that it may be necessary and only for the purposes of providing the Service to you.