Table of Contents
Upper lip hair, this term does not concern men as much as it does to our pretty and beautiful women. Yes, in this article we will talk about the effective ways through which we can get rid of those short black strands of hair on our upper lips. With the advancement in technology, we now have better cameras that capture every minute detail. In order to look flawless, we need to think of upper lip hair removal too.
WHAT IS UPPER LIP HAIR?
– Upper lip hair is the hair that grows in the area above the mouth. The growth of upper lip hair can be caused by excessive production of androgens (male hormones).Which can be due to hormonal imbalance. Removal of hair from the chin and forehead is another common request from people.
METHODS FOR REMOVAL OF UPPER LIP HAIR
Broadly speaking, we can divide these methods into two groups. The first group is the physical methods like threading, waxing etc., and the second group is the chemical methods. If we divide these, we have two options to choose from: NATURAL or SYNTHETIC chemical methods.
First we will talk about the physical methods – some physical methods for removing upper lip hair are: –
Shaving: This involves cutting the hair at skin level with a razor. It is simple, affordable, and painless, but the hair can grow back quickly and feel stubbly.
Waxing: This involves applying hot wax to the upper lip and pulling it off with a strip of cloth along with the hair. It is effective and long lasting but it can be painful and messy and cause irritation.
– Tweezing: This involves plucking individual hairs from the root with tweezers. It is precise, inexpensive and can take several weeks, but it can be time-consuming and painful and cause redness or infection.
– Epilation: This uses an electronic device with multiple tweezers to pull out several hairs at once. It is quick, convenient, and can last up to 4 weeks, but it can be noisy, expensive and cause discomfort or ingrown hairs.
– Threading: This uses a twisted cotton thread to grab the hair at the root and pull it out. It is hygienic and can last up to 6 weeks, but is difficult to use at home and can cause redness or infection.
– Sugaring: You can make a sticky mix with sugar, water and lemon. Put it on your upper lip and pull it off with cloth or your hand. The hair will come off too. It is similar to waxing but uses natural ingredients that are gentler on the skin. It is effective, long-lasting and can regrow hair more finely, but it can be messy and painful and cause ingrown hairs or irritation.
Gelatin: You can mix gelatin, milk and lavender oil. Put it on your upper lip and let it dry. Then pull it off. It is claimed that this method can effectively remove hair and soothe the skin.
Spearmint tea: This method involves drinking spearmint tea twice a day, which lowers androgens and facial hair. It is claimed that this method can limit the growth of facial hair in women with hirsutism.
Honey: This involves applying honey to the upper lip and pull it off with a strip of cloth. It is claimed that this method can gently remove the hair and also whiten the remaining hair.
Turmeric and milk: Apply a paste of turmeric and milk to the upper lip and rubbing it off after it dries. It is claimed that this method can reduce hair growth over time and also lighten the skin.
SYNTHETIC METHODS CHEMICAL
Hair removal creams: these products contain chemicals that break down the hair and make it easy to wipe off. They are quick, painless and affordable, but they can smell strong, irritate the skin and only work for a short time.
Electrolysis: This procedure uses an electric current to damage hair follicles and prevent future hair growth. It is permanent, effective and suitable for all skin and hair types, but can be expensive, time-consuming and cause pain or infection .
Laser hair removal: this procedure uses a beam of light to destroy the hair follicles and prevent further hair growth. It is permanent, effective and precise, but it can be expensive, require several sessions and cause discomfort or side effects
BENEFITS OF UPPER LIP HAIR REMOVAL
Small things and changes can do wonders for our lives, this small change of removing upper lip hair has many benefits, first and foremost it is a your skin looks more smooth and polished. There are fewer dust particles on your face, so you have less dirty, oily skin and fewer breakouts that lead to acne. Finally, you can have a seamless makeup experience. Your foundation and moisturisers glide on more smoothly. The best thing is that you feel good about yourself.
Removing hair on the upper lip is a personal choice that can have several benefits for appearance, skin health and makeup application. However, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of the different methods of hair removal and find the one that suits your needs and preferences. Some methods may be more effective and less expensive than others, but they may also have side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to do your research and consult a professional before choosing a hair removal method. Ultimately, removing hair from the upper lip can be a rewarding and satisfying experience for those who choose it.